[bct] digital recording woes

  • From: Dean Martineau <dean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 18:52:43 -0800

I'm hoping to tap into some recording wisdom from the multitudes here. Using a Plextalk and a low-cost Radio Shack mixer, I want to capture my voice and the output from the computer. Nothing is working too well so far.

I'm using a mike which sounds great when plugged directly into the PTR2, but when I run it into the mixer, connecting a 1/8-to-1/4-inch adapter to make the connection work, I get no sound. Not quite no sound, I do get white noise, but no voice.

the mixer is working, but the sound output from the computer is overpowering the PTR2 even when that channel of the mixer at its lowest volume setting. I have an attenuated cable from Radio Shack and could try connecting that to see if it makes a difference.

Can anybody shed any light on why this isn't working effortlessly, the way I want it to work, and what I might be able to do about it?