[bct] Re: digital recorder specs.

  • From: "Jenny Axler" <jaxler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 20:26:33 -0800

MessageSomething else I wanted to add, just an fyi for the list.  i actually
purchased the sound professionals bundle Neil wrote about.  The archos unit has
a lot of menus and deals with gaming and video and lots of things we will never
use.  Also, i checked the info from Rock box and it appears that development of
a compatible firmware has stopped and there are no plans to resume it.  i
wouldn't recommend this model.  i actually decided to return it and got the
minidisc with the credit.  I like the sony minidisk very much as far as
recording is concerned, and after reading Dan's message, i do think my noise
problems have more to do with the mics i am using as they are rather cheap.  i
have a set of more expensive cardioids i hadn't yet tried out, and after
testing this discovered that the noise is less with these.  Can anyone
recommend a good set of binaural mics?  The ones i have are the sound
professionals standard binaural mics.  I do know a lot of you are using these
and the quality is quite good.  So I can't be sure what is happening.

I really appreciate the input from all of you.  i am learning, much by trial
and error here.  Part of my problem too is that I want an all in 1 solution,
and I think now that I might be wiser to have a couple of things on hand for
different situations.  I don't necessarily need a unit that will record an ant
fart, but as Neil most eloquently put it, a mouse fart would be good.

Jenny