[bct] Re: digital recorder specs.

  • From: The Scarlet Wombat <coconut@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 19:26:40 -0500

Jenny, the Edirol r5, I think, is a hard disk version of that unit. It is about $400 less than the Sound Devices. Problem is, the reviews I read suggest it has a noise mike preamp. No point in spending $1900 for a recorder that is as noisy as a $200 one.

Only you can prevent forest fires, wait, I didn't mean to say that, let's run at that again. Only you can know your budget, but you would never be sorry with the Sound Devices unit unless you spent the rent money on it. It is a marvelous recorder, a lousy 3 bedroom house.

Dan, offering espresso and Scotch to all who visit...and wine, aged cheese, prime rib and Swiss chocolate