[bct] Re: demo of snow cone maker

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 17:51:31 -0700

I hope your caramel drink turns out to be good. I love the snow cone machine.
It's a little tricky because it comes apart for cleaning rather easily. Today
the lid came off and it took a little while to figure out how to fit it back
on. At first I thought it was broken, but it wasn't. I bet your protein drinks
would be terrific as snow cones; you could just make the snow, then pour the
drink on top of it.
I think one of the neatest things to do with it is to put the snow in a glass
and then pour juice over it. It can be either flavored snow or you can pour
more juice and just make a slush which is good too.
Whey is great. When I made yogurt I used to drain the whey out and drink it;
then the yogurt was a lot thicker and you could use a funnel to thicken it even
more so it was like cream cheese.

I used to get a brand of whey called Meadow Fresh. It was like powdered milk,
and you had to mix a half cup whey with either a quart or a half gallon of cold
water to re-constitute it; I don't recall if it was 4 or 8 cups water. It was
really good; you couldn't tell it had been made from a powdered mix. There was
even a chocolate flavor and I wish I'd tried that. I don't think the company is
around any more but it was great stuff.