[bct] Re: dektalk

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 11:31:09 -0500

hi. I think what's happening here is the folks that have done this whole dectalk thing have done it so often, and it's definitely been way played out. However, there are still some folks out there, like me, who haven't learned how it's done. It sounds like a very slow and arduous process, so I'm not sure if I'd be willing to do it unless I had a super awesome idea. and eeven now I can hear Mr. Perdue over there groaning. lol. Yes I admit it is old. but sometimes old stuff can still be fun for some. That's the awesome thing about BCT, you just listen to and produce the casts you want and leave the others for the others.
I hope that makes sense.

At 10:39 AM 5/17/2006, you wrote:
Oh, puh leeze.

You actually think that was cool?  God, ain't we bord.  LOL!

I mean they were cute, but, kind a dumb. Not meaning to be rude, or start a flame. You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but God, I could probably do the review, but I'm sure I'd bore most to death doing it. Patrick way back when tought me enough of how to do it to where I think I could probably teach someone but man, I don't know if I recall all the syntax. I know all the phonemes but I don't recall if the duration comes before the comma or the note comes before the comma in the source code.

Aside that, I probably could do it.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Djd" <daredevil221@xxxxxxxxx> To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 4:53 AM Subject: [bct] dektalk

I know it's sort of old school, but I think it's cool. I'd love to see a podcast done on how to make the decktalk sing the songs that it does. I've always been fascinated by that, but have never quite understood how it worked.
Just my thoughts.
If you're looking for an internet radio show that plays a variety of different types of music, and is guaranteed to provide you with two hours of quality entertainment twice a week, then check out my internet radio show The Djd Invasion. It can be heard Sunday afternoons from 3 to 5 PM eastern on ACB Radio Interactive at
and on Wednesday nights from 9 to 11 PM eastern at
For more info about me and my shows, visit my web site at
Check the show out, you won't be disappointed

-- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.371 / Virus Database: 268.5.6/338 - Release Date: 5/12/2006