[bct] Re: decoding DAISY files

  • From: Tim Cross <tcross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 01:04:32 +1100

OK, I see what you mean. I've not had any Daisy books from RFB&D. I
was pretty certain the later standard was public and as I mentioned,
emacspeak comes with a mode for reading Daisy books in this format and
it has no encryption/decryption capability, so only RFB&D daisy books
are encrypted?

So, I guess in general, software which can access daisy books would
not be illegal, but software which can access them from RFB&D would
be. I guess this also means you must have an RFB&D daisy reader rather
than a generic daisy reader for their books?

Tim