[bct] cutting food when out.

  • From: "Adam Morris" <awmorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "blindcooltech" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 18:49:54 +1100

hi everyone.

I was taught by my parents how to cut food at a young age.

I can confidently order a t bone steak and cut round the bone without problems
with no vision.

I will ask my wife if what I am doing is drawing attention to me and she will
tell me if its not.

I may use a finger as a guide but generally that's all.

I've never had anyone cut up food for me and always refuse when at friends
places when their parents ask.

The only thing I have problems with is paper plates and bbq food with plastic
knives and forks, especially if you have to eat on your lap.
if I'm eating at a table with proper utensils I have no problem.
I have rarely seen knives and forks of plastic that are  very strong and I can
manage that fine.

Here in Australia it is rare for a restaurant to ask if I need food cut up.

We don't have any organisations over here that have such strong views as those
in the states, we have an advocacy organisation but that's all it is, they
don't do mobility training or anything else.

Any questions don't hesitate.

Adam Morris

to listen to my podcast

or to download the files manually go to: