[bct] crossing streets

  • From: <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bct2" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 01:44:07 -0700

Hi list,

I've been hit twice; once was when I still had good hearing and was going to
computer school. The car knocked me down and I just got up and kept going
because the car was barely moving.

The other time I was trying to get across the street to get to the bus stop;
this happened when i was living in a location where I had to get help every
morning crossing a busy intersection to get to work. Nobody was there and I was
in a hurry; my hearing was the same as it is now. A milk truck was coming at me
from my deaf side and I didn't know it; he had a "blind spot" and just didn't
see me. I had the light and he was going to turn right; he was only going a few
miles an hour; any faster and I wouldn't be here to tell the tale. He knocked
me into a kneeling position; it took months of chiropractic treatment to get my
neck and back re-aligned.

That is the last time I crossed a street with a light.

Mary Emerson
E-mail: maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype name: mkemerson
Podcast feed: emerson.libsyn.com/rss