[bct] Re: creation science

  • From: The Scarlet Wombat <coconut@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 21:58:03 -0500

Shane, this is very interesting. I was unaware of this level of controversy in the evangelical community on these topics as I have not read much in the Christian press since becoming a pagan about 20 years ago.

A few thoughts come to mind, however, and I offer them in the spirit of discussion, not tearing down your beliefs. The idea was stated that antedeluvian animals were vegetarian. Carnivoares like the big cats and bears cannot live on a vegetarian diet, their intestinal tracts cannot properly digest vegetative matter to any degree. How would this be explained?

I had to smile at the term "preadamites," because it makes the pre Adamic human postulates sound kind of like insects, kinda like dust mites. [grin]

If the young earth idea, meaning approximately a 6000 year old earth, is to be accepted, then how are the kinds of ages seen in the cosmos and in rocks and fossils explained?

You noted that you were a Calvinist. I studied Calvinism extensively many years ago and found it most fascinating. Do you accept the Zwinglian concept of superlapsarianism, as a side note?