[bct] Re: compacting mailboxes

  • From: "Riz" <rizstf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 12:48:43 -0000

MessageDammit, beat me to it.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Bill Belew
  To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, January 20, 2006 6:06 AM
  Subject: [bct] Re: compacting mailboxes

  Hello Paula,

  Pull down the tools menu in Outlook Express and then arrow up once to
options.  Navigate to the maintenance tab which is the last one to the right.
Tab through that tab until you get to the button for the store folder.  That
will bring up a dialog that shows you the obscure location where your mailboxes
are stored.  Tab to the field containing that path and copy it to the
clipboard.  The quickest way to get to that folder is to go to the run dialog
and paste in the path that you copied and press enter.  If your mailboxes are
still there, there is probably a way to to get your messages back.

  Compacting can take a very long time.  Are you sure that you waited until the
process was finished?  I have never had the compacting process lose my