[bct] Re: compacting mailboxes

  • From: "Bill Belew" <bill@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 22:06:21 -0800

Hello Paula,
Pull down the tools menu in Outlook Express and then arrow up once to
options.  Navigate to the maintenance tab which is the last one to the
right.  Tab through that tab until you get to the button for the store
folder.  That will bring up a dialog that shows you the obscure location
where your mailboxes are stored.  Tab to the field containing that path and
copy it to the clipboard.  The quickest way to get to that folder is to go
to the run dialog and paste in the path that you copied and press enter.  If
your mailboxes are still there, there is probably a way to to get your
messages back.
Compacting can take a very long time.  Are you sure that you waited until
the process was finished?  I have never had the compacting process lose my