[bct] compacting mailboxes

  • From: "Paula Waby" <paulawaby@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 18:46:45 +1300

Hi Everyone

This is a desperation question. Does anyone know how to get back files
unintentionally eaten during mailbox compacting? I'm using Outlook Express. It
ate my files once before and I was under the mistaken belief that I had turned
off the question to ever compact them again. Obviously I hadn't and now all my
files are gone. I have many irreplaceable files stored in my OE folders and I
am not at all happy. If anyone can please tell me if there are any programmes I
can run to try and get them back that would be wonderful and I'll be your
friend forever. Secondly, does anyone know where I go to turn off the horrid
feature so it doesn't happen again? I didn't knowingly say yes to the
suggestion it might compact my mailboxes, but obviously the question popped up
and I unknowingly hit enter to accept. Nasty thing!