[bct] Re: combining .mp3 files

  • From: "derek Lane" <derek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 12:33:09 -0500

If the mp3's are the same bit rate, have you tried doing a binary copy from the dos command prompt?
When I do this, I usually rename the files 1 2 etc.
then all I have to do is go in to the command prompt and type
cd\
cd drive:\directory
then, using my file names as an example, type
copy /b 1+2 file.mp3
Note: filename.mp3 is the mp3 file that will be created which will contain both mp3 files.
Again, make sure both files are of the same bit rate, otherwise the results will be horrible because the second file will either play faster or slower than the first, depending on its bit rate.
Hope this helps, and that my memory served me correctly as to the syntex of the copy command.