[bct] college math courses

  • From: Scott Howell <s.howell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 04:18:47 -0500

Folks, don't think I asked this here before, but if I did, well write it off as my failing memory. I've been trying to figure out how to deal with math courses at the college level. I've managed thus far to do most of it in my head, but having a book would be helpful, but most books are no longer available in braille for the most part. I'm getting old so keeping all this in my head isn't as good as when I was young, but I want to finish my degree before I get to old and math is not only my strong point, but its holding me up rom finishing.
So, what do most folk do, are there any really good book that explain therory which I need. See Ican't just take someones word for how to solve a problem, I want to know the why which has always been a problem for me. I need to know why in order to work the problems. I'm interested in algebra and geometry. Any advice or book titles appreciated.

tnx

Scott