[bct] coffee machines

  • From: "Paula Waby" <paulawaby@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 20:41:46 +1300

Hi Dan

I have now listened to your great podcast on making coffee or rather espressos
or capuccinos. I have one little question. You referred to the mess with the
steam wand and the fact you put a little plastic tray under it. I'm mastering
my new machine quite well and have even had some success with frothing the
milk. I notice though when I try to level off the coffee it kind of goes
everywhere. Do you do that over a tray as well? I end up with little grounds
all over the bench or counter as you say in the States. I was thinking of
getting a tray to do all the work on to keep the mess in one place though I'm
hoping with time I work out how much to put in the little filter without
overflowing it so much. Well it's when you level it off that little grounds
seem to develop minds of their own and fly around the kitchen. Ideas?