[bct] coffee machines

  • From: "Paula Waby" <paulawaby@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 17:06:30 +1300

Hi Everyone.

I hope it is OK to ask this question here. There has been a lot of talk about
coffee making so I am assuming it is OK to do so. I just bought a coffee
machine. I don't know if you have the particular one in the States. It's a
Brevil Barvista. That's probably not too important to answer my question. It
says to froth the milk you put it in a jug and hold it under the steam spout
and move it around. It says it will be frothy when the jug is too hot to hold.
Well it definitely has warmed the milk, but there is no froth at all. Any ideas
of what I might be doing wrong? Do you fill the jug right up and put the
frother spout deep down into the licquid, or do you only put in a smaller
amount and have the nozzle higher up? When I tried that it made a funny
screaming noise whereas if I buried it deeper it made more of the right sort of
frothing noise I would expect. I can get someone to look at the book that came
with it when I go to work tomorrow so all is not lost, but I'm keen to get it
working tonight so thought I'd ask on the off-chance someone can advise me
about it.

Cheers
Paula.