[bct] Re: clicker training chat

  • From: "Debee Norling" <debee@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 21:26:15 -0800

Thanks for asking, Pam. The chat went great. We had Rox'E, Lisa and Paula
who all were using clicker training, and I tried very hard to see that
everyone got a chance to speak.

There were lots of good questions, especially from Jamie D.

Robert Carter recorded for us, and I plan to podcast it as soon as I get
through this amazing amount of list traffic.

I would really, and I mean really, like to see others step up and lead a
chat room topic on a weekend evening.

As for the turmoil, I had two things in my favor: a Braille display which
doesn't crash and the ability to write rules. So I wrote a rule to delete
the messages with the crash characters and now I'm just working my way
through all the chatter about the problem.

We need to jabber less on this list about anything that someone else has
already pointed out. If we overdo it, we give email terrorists too much
attention, plus we increase the list traffic to the point that busy people
won't participate. And busy people are often the most interesting
contributors.

--Debee