[bct] Re: choosing a recorder

  • From: "Amy" <amy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 22:18:54 -0500

Mary,
I've already listened to the olympus recorders on the archives and this year's podcasts. It'd be great, except I notice an underlying hiss or some kind of sound under the recordings made by the SW and DS models. I really like the IRiver. Anyone know about how much it is, and if it's as easy to use as the DS-2?
Thanks for referring me. Believe me, I've been looking hard, and I'm still confused because there is so much out there, and it's hard to ask your questions to a podcast. lol
I think my favorite tests of the recorders is when people go outside or do more than just talk into the mics. It helps me get a feel for how they record more than just voice.
The only recording with the DS-2 that I especially liked was jamie Pauls' recording of the hail storm in late April this year. that by far is the best sound I've heard out of it, in my oppinion. It's not bad, just ... something i can't place.

Enough rambling from me. And thanks again.
Amy