[bct] Re: changing business world

  • From: The Scarlet Wombat <coconut@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 18:17:13 -0500

The only thing that business responds to nowadays is the bottom line. This has largely been the case for a long time, but in the past, they were smart enough to couch it under the guise of concern for the employee, community and even the environment. Now, it is a mad rush to profits so the stock can continue to go up in value.

The problem is that it is all built on a teetering pile of debt. In his just released book, Empire of Debt, Addison Wiggan details how much trouble we are in as regards our debt system. Every day, we require nearly four billion dollars of foreign money to keep our economy afloat. The dollar is strong now, but how long cant his last? Our corporations care nothing for eventual problems, they want to make all they can right now and if the worker bees end up out in the cold with no retirement, they do not give a flying you know what.