[bct] Re: changing business world

  • From: The Scarlet Wombat <coconut@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 21:36:51 -0500

One of the courses I had to take, Mary, in my financial planner training was retirement planning. Part of the course was about how companies choose retirement plans. The emphasis now is on making sure the highly compensated officers and directors receive the best and making sure the peons get little to nothing.

The entire emphasis in corporate retirement planning is to avoid giving anything more than the law requires to the worker bees and even then, cutting it to the bones. They would rather give the execs non tax deductible bennies t han do it right and not discriminate in their retirement plans. I am rapidly losing any respect for corporate America.