[bct] cell phones, was Re: Re: gmail

  • From: "Anthony rose" <santhonyr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 17:50:41 -0600

I do have a cell phone with Sprint PcS.  It can be kind of scarey to be
standing out on the side of the road stranded, not being able to call a cab or
anything.  I'm 100 percent blind and 90 percent deaf, so I really need that
little bit of added security.  Several years ago, I missed a bus and was
standing out on the side of Charlotte pike here in Nashville.  I had no idea
that there was a payphone not more than 20 feet away, and there would be no
more busses passing by on that night, so I decided that if ever I did manage to
get home, I would have a cell phone by the next day.  I agree that the quality
can be less than satisfacctory though, and I can hear much better on a land
line phone.