[bct] cell phone telling you have voice mail when you don't

  • From: Kenny Hitt <kenny@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 11:08:25 -0600

I don't know what provider you use, but I used to have the same problem
with T-mobile.  As part of the voice mail system, you would get a text
message with the number of the person who left you mail.  The problem
stopped for me when T-mobile upgraded my voice mail.

As far as cell phone accessibility goes, I think a phone running a
screen reader is the best way to go.  Any phone that can run the screen
reader can also run other programs.  I've only had my phone for about a
month, but I already use it as my media player, shopping list, and the
reader for my local news and weather.  There are 2 color identifiyer
programs for this phone, so I plan to use it for that as soon as I can
test them.