[bct] cell phone software seminar

  • From: "CalBear" <cal_bear@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BlindCoolTech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 16:52:48 -0800

Hi list

Thought some might be interested in this seminar. Brent will be
discussing accessible 3rd party software that can be used on series 60
cell phones. He is hosting 2 seminars on this subject. One on Saturday
the 25th and the second on Sunday the 26th. The messages below were
originally posted to Jonathan Mosen's BlindPhones list.

---

I will go ahead and set the first one for next Saturday March
25 2006, at 2:00 p.m. eastern time, 1:00 central time, 12:00 p.m.
mountain time, and 11:00 a.m. pacific time.  This would also be 7:00
p.m. GMT and 19:00
GMT if you are using a 24 hour clock.  I think I have all of the time
zones covered.  The first seminar will be on third party accessible cell
phone applications,
their functionality, and their purpose.  All are welcome to come in and
listen and ask questions.  We are going to try our best to restrict this
to the
topic at hand which is the third party applications.  There will be
other times for open forums and open chats as well as other topic
seminars.  After
the seminar is over, if anyone has any other questions or things they
would like to discuss, I am sure that many of us will remain in the room
to discuss
other items of interest.  The voice chat room can be found at the below
link in the cells and bells room.  You will need a password to get in
which is
scansoft.  Also, you will need the voice chat client, which can be
downloaded from this web site below.  Also, you will need speakers or
headphones, and
a microphone hooked up to your computer.  If anyone has any question
they can email me direct at
bharbolt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
as I will be the one hosting this first seminar.  I have done extensive
testing with many third party applications and believe that I am very
knowledgeable
and equipped to speak on this topic.  I also have purchased many of
these applications that I speak of.  Hope to see everyone there.

Link to voice chat web site

http://www.cyberspeaker.net

Room is cells and bells

password is scansoft

Look forward to it.

Brent Harbolt

---

I am adding a Sunday seminar to talk about third party applications for
cell phones.  I am hosting this second seminar in a larger room that Jim
Ruby has
been kind enough to offer up for these seminars.  This is a different
room on Saturday so be sure and read the email carefully so you get to
the right
place if you are planning on attending the Sunday seminar.  If you are
planning on attending the Saturday one, then refer to the email I sent
out prior
to this one.  There will be other reminders throughout the week.

This is a reminder to everyone that I will be conducting a voice chat
seminar on
Saturday and Sunday about various third party accessible applications
that work well
with series 60 phones.  These seminars are not just for those who are
using a screen
reader for their phone like Talks or Mobile speak, but for anyone who
wants to attend
and learn about such phones and applications.  I will be talking in
depth about 15
or so applications.  This is a great way to learn how to enhance your
cell phone experience.  The Sunday seminar details are below.  Hope to
see everyone
there.

Date:
Sunday, March 26

Time:
2:00 p.m. eastern, 1:00 p.m. central, 12:00 p.m. mountain, 11:00 a.m.
pacific, 7:00
p.m. GMT, 19:00 GMT if you are using a 24 hour clock.

Place:
http://67.19.231.218/v4/login.asp?r=4ed930a7&p=0

User name:
Anything you want for your display name

password:
Not required

What is needed:
headphones or speakers, and a microphone.  You will also need the
ivocalize voice
chat client that can be downloaded below.

http://s.tcconference.com/v4/tcConferenceSetup.exe

Who can attend:
anyone, it is an open seminar.
Things to be discussed:
third party accessible cell phone applications, both free and for sale.
If you have any questions, feel free to email me at
bharbolt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Regards,
Brent Harbolt

--