[bct] cd rom drive problem somewhat solved

  • From: "Missy Hoppe" <melissah@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Blind Cool Tech" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Book Port" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 01:34:24 -0400

Hello, all. The subject line pretty much says it all. Goldwave still
refuses to acknowledge that I even have a CD rom drive, but premeare cd
creater has decided to start working properly. It's slow, but I'm hoping
that its sluggishness is primarily because I'm still using the demo of the
software; I have a 32x CD burning drive. If it works and does what I want
it to do, I'll gladly buy it.
Anyway, it would seem that I am now going to be able to convert my audio CD
books into mp3 format so that I can send them to the bookport.
My only question is this, and I admit that it isn't totally bookport
related. Will premeare cd creater allow me to make mp3 cds. I don't want to
do this for book purposes, but if I for whatever reason would want to make
an mp3 music CD, will it be possible to do so using premeare CD creater? If
so, how would I go about it, and if not, what software would you recommend
that is quick and simple for this specific purpose?
Thank you all for the suggestions you provided in helping me resolve this
issue. I'm incredibly relieved to know that this probably wasn't a rootkit
problem. From what I read earlier tonight, those rootkit things sound
pretty nasty.
Anyway, thanks again for all the suggestions, they are very much
appreciated.
Missy