[bct] Re: brief comments

  • From: "Rick Alfaro" <rick.alfaro@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 10:59:34 -0500

I agree, not even close to a player piano.  Yes, it has some built-in demo
songs, but the wealth of realistic voices and possible backup styles are
simply additional tools that can really let your creativity flow.  It is an
arranger keyboard, and professionals use them specifically for that purpose,
creating arrangements, and for performing live as a solo entertainer.  For
those of us that are not professional musicians, it helps us sound a lot
better and therefore get more enjoyment out of our playing.  I do understand
Mary's concern about being over-whelmed however because if you are not used
to playing with any kind of backup or accompaniment, it certainly would take
some getting used to.  Roland and Korg also have some amazing arranger
keyboards, but to my ears, the Yamaha Tyros sounds the most real.

--Best regards,

--Rick Alfaro