[bct] Re: brief comments

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 19:57:33 -0600

hi Mary

Actually The keyboard is about as far from a player piano as you can get. All those sounds are so realistic, i was absolutely amazed at the sounds that thing produced. If you didn't know it was a keyboard you'd swear some of those instruments were reallly being played. Shows you how much technology has advanced.

At 06:55 PM 3/19/2006, you wrote:
Hi list,

Well, my life is getting back to its normal pace; I guess, like the rest of you, I am getting used to the abuse of what we've gone through in the past couple days. Maybe things will calm down a bit.

I've been enjoying the podcasts that have gone up recently; I haven't heard Larry's yet but am really anxious to hear it. Merrill's DVD player sounds like a neat gadget for people like me who don't have TV; my DVD player is made for the stereo and when it wears out I will definitely check into one that's like what she has.

The keyboard reminds me a bit of a player piano; I guess I am a bit old-fashioned, because I prefer to play everything myself. Too many accompaniments would drive me absolutely up the creek without a paddle. I guess you'll have to put me in the category of musicians who love the sound of a keyboard but would rather use one that doesn't have all the rhythms and backup work.

Let's hope life is getting a bit more peaceful for everybody and we can settle down around here.

Mary Emerson E-mail: maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Skype name: mkemerson Podcast web site: http://www.emerson.libsyn.com Podcast feed: emerson.libsyn.com/rss