[bct] book courier software update having problems.

  • From: "Kristian Whawell" <kwhawell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 18:13:33 -0000

Hi guys, I know this perhaps is not the place to put this, but, I just heard that the bok courier has a software update, I downloaded the new transfer tol, installed it fine, the book courier was connected up to the USB, all fine too, I went to the menus and went for "check for updates" and the book courier update complete screen appeared, it said I had to remove the book courier and stuff, so I did, it came back, said "ready, code update started, do not touch any keys, 1, 2, 3, defaults restored, updating messages please wait, updating help please wait, then, beep! which tells you it has shut off and gone to sleep, I went in the setings and checked the version number, and it said it was whatever the new one is, which I thought ok, good, I went in to try and have a look at the user guide by presing question mark til it bleeped, and the book courier said "user guide not found!" I'm like, what? er, ok, so I re-run the code update again, cuz the transfer tool obviously was feeling nice and stuff, and it ran through exactly the same thing again, still same problem! book courier user guide gone bye bye! anyone else got one of these, and tried the update?
please post back if you do, and if you get this weird thing or if it works right, I can't rerun the update again, it won't let me! anyone can post back if the y updated either successfuly complete with user guide, or like me, unsiccessfuly without one.
many thanks,
Kristian