[bct] Re: binaural mics

  • From: "Ray Foret Jr." <rforetjr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 09:01:49 -0600

While the Microphones that Larry has been using of late are indeed hard to
quarrel with in so far as their basic sound quality and their excellent wind
protection and wide stereo separation, they do have one drawback which would
prevent me from getting them.  I noticed that when Larry was on his way out
the door and closed it, the sound of the closing of the door caused a low
frequency distortion which cut out the modulation of voices and other sounds
in the background.  That's totally unacceptable.  That's how come I love the
Sony ECM-DS70P microphone.  It doesn't do that; and, it's got nice wide
stereo separation.  I think it's a one hundred eighty degree angle of
separation if I'm not mistaken.  I also have the Sony ECM-MS97 which is a
handheld microphone; but, my complaint against it is that it's not any where
near as sensitive as I'd like.

Sincerely yours,
The Constantly Barefoot,
Home phone and fax: