[bct] binaural mics

  • From: "Lois Goodine" <al419@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "blindcooltech" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 17:52:42 -0800

Today my SP-TFB2 mics arrived.  The WS-320M won't arrive till Wednesday.
Nevertheless I've been considering the position in which these mics are to be
used.  I read an E-mail dialog between Larry and Neal.  But I'm still wondering
about some things.  First of all, which side of the actual mic is the business
side, to be looking outward?  I notice that one side feels slightly rubbery,
like rubber cement.  I'm thinking that side faces inward, over the ear canal.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.  So If I'm trying to place them correctly, the
curved piece follows the curve of the ear just above the canal.  Secondly, Is
there a tactual way to determine left and right mics?  There's probably a visual
maarking.  Just for fun I tried the mics with the computer; but of course,
they're not matched well for that.  But they do work.  I can't get much
separation but that may be because  of the connection I have to the soundcard.
I'll have better luck when the recorder for which they are intended arrives.
Thank you.