[bct] Re: binaural mics?

  • From: Steve Matzura <number6@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 09:25:39 -0400

On Fri, 26 May 2006 07:44:26 -0500, you wrote:

>No, I don't have any trouble hearing you at all.

It's not a question of trouble hearing.  I had no trouble hearing
Larry, or any of you who are using these microphones.  It's more a
quality of sound issue, not a hearability issue.  If the microphones
are placed just so, it sounds like you're trying to talk into them but
you're facing the wrong way, which, in fact, you are, because the mics
are pointed away from your head if placed properly.  This is not a
fault of the microphone, just not being used as they are meant to be.
Walk-and-talk is fine, but a third microphone in the center is what's
really needed, or, as others have said, add your commentary later on
and it comes through much better.