[bct] Re: binaural mics

  • From: Krister Ekstrom <krister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 18:54:00 +0100

Hi friends,
I don't claim to be a technical expert at all, but i've had a similar effect with my OKM in-ear mics. I have found, though, that the distortion decreases if you turn down the rec level a little so that it isn't so near clipping. Does that make sence at all?

How does it do that?  Does it have some kind of low frequency filter in
it or something?

rforetjr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Monday, February 20, 2006 10:01:49 AM >>>
While the Microphones that Larry has been using of late are indeed hard
to quarrel with in so far as their basic sound quality and their excellent
wind protection and wide stereo separation, they do have one drawback which
would prevent me from getting them. I noticed that when Larry was on his way
out the door and closed it, the sound of the closing of the door caused a
low frequency distortion which cut out the modulation of voices and other
sounds in the background. That's totally unacceptable. That's how come I
love the Sony ECM-DS70P microphone. It doesn't do that; and, it's got nice wide

stereo separation. I think it's a one hundred eighty degree angle of separation if I'm not mistaken. I also have the Sony ECM-MS97 which is
a handheld microphone; but, my complaint against it is that it's not any
where near as sensitive as I'd like.

Sincerely yours,
The Constantly Barefoot,
Home phone and fax: