[bct] Re: binaural mics

  • From: "Ray Foret Jr." <rforetjr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 11:37:49 -0600

That's what I'm guessing Larry.  I suspect that for some reason, the
microphones you now use; while very good, have some characteristic about
them which causes them to distort when intense low frequencies are present
in the sound.  If you record in a room in which there is a heavy door and
background noise, shut the door and listen back to the result.  You'll find
that the background sounds are distorted and somewhat muted at the very
moment the door is shut.  I don't know why that is; but, I hate to say that
because I almost decided on a pair of them for later on this year.

Sincerely yours,
The Constantly Barefoot,
Ray
Home phone and fax: