[bct] Re: binaural mics

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 11:04:54 -0500

I hate that aspect of them, too, and what I've been doing with them is
hanging them over my ear.  Some people say the overall quality is better
when it is in your ear, but I don't like blocking out the sound either.

>>> quinn.family@xxxxxxxxx Monday, February 20, 2006 9:12:29 AM >>>
Hi,

I have a set of the sound professional binaural microphones which I
think will be great for hands free recording, or recording when you
want to tuck the recorder away such as if you were in a thunder storm
and wanted to record, etc. What I'm wondering though is if it's
necessary for the microphones to actually be in your ears, or if you
get the same quality pretty much if they're clipped to sunglasses for
example. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong in the way that
they're supposed to be placed, but either they don't feel like they'll
stay securely, or if they do, they act too much like ear plugs to suit
me. How should they be placed? Thanks.

Pam