[bct] Re: being adventurous

  • From: The Scarlet Wombat <coconut@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 06:37:31 -0500

Mary, I had a similar experience with science in grade school. They never taught the astronomy parts, so my science projects were always about star charts, optics and other things the teacher could not understand at all. She just doled out an A to me because she figured if it were too complicated for her, it was correct. The fact was somewhat different, but I never complained. I was unhappy for years that NASA would not take a partially blind person into the astronaut program. I did make my share of model rockets and police departments around where I lived now and then got calls about strange lights in the sky Of course, when I learned to make mercury fulmonate bombs and have them detonate at about 5000 feet, that really elicited many phone calls to the local constabulary.

My virginal experience with science fiction was with the movie, The Day the Earth Stood Still. Gort, Clatu barrata nikto.

Dan