[bct] being adventurous

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 17:03:16 -0800

Lois, what wonderful stories! I never got as adventurous as you were, but I guess I was a boy at heart. When the space program started up, I dreamed of working for NASA or becoming an astronaut. I day dreamed about it a lot, to the extent that I would look ahead in the science books and read the astronomy chapters because they were never taught. I even day dreamed that I had friends from other planets. Wow, talk about a born science fiction fan! I think one of the advantages of being adventurous or having a wild imagination is that part of us never grows up. So many adults just push all that fun stuff aside. But despite the real-world stuff we all face as adults, there is still a kid in us that wants to come out and play sometimes. Maybe that's why it's so much fun to just fool around with stuff. Did you like to play with modeling clay or play doh or silly putty? I loved silly putty and took it to school to play with when the class was doing something boring. In fact, I think they still make it. There's a recipe book for things like modeling clay on web braille. It's got all sorts of weird concoctions in it; it might even have the volcano thing with vinegar and baking soda. I haven't done that yet, mostly because I hate the thought of cleaning up the mess.