[bct] backwards things

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 00:02:19 -0800

Your anecdotes are incredible! Your reciting things backwards, whether in jest or not, remind me of the story my stepdad told me about what happened when I began to walk without holding on to things. Until age two, I was afraid to let go of walls or doors. I guess they drilled into me that I'd fall if I walked too fast or went in the wrong direction. So, one morning, he took me into the hallway and started chanting, "Now we go backward, now we go forward" with his hands holding my shoulders. Gradually he lightened his touch until finally I was walking without help. I was so jazzed I walked backwards the rest of the day!