[bct] Re: automating BCT

  • From: "Paula Waby" <paulawaby@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 12:17:11 +1300

Hi Mary, Larry, Neal or whoever else might be able to answer this.

If Larry has people's podcasts automatically sent to BCT would that mean if we
have the BCT podcasts set to download automatically and cancel the other feeds,
we'd only get the podcasts once? I ran into a problem last month whereby
because I have the podcasts set to download automatically I ended up with two
copies of most of them - one from BCT and one from the individual's feed. This
wasn't a problem in itself but it meant I went over my download limit for my
ISP and got put back on dial up speed for the remaining two weeks of the month.
My understanding is that we have a smaller download quota which is also more
expensive than what you can get in the States. I guess that going over the
quota will keep happening unless I cancel out and just go and seek individual
podcasts as I see and want them, but I like the way it is now that they just
arrive when they are ready and I can listen at my leisure without having to
physically go and find each one. I don't want to keep going over my download
quota though and being on dial-up speed for half of each month so I need to
work out a solution.