[bct] Re: audio on the web from NLS?

  • From: "Jane Jordan (gmail)" <juanitatighan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 12:09:51 -0500

I wonder how bulky this stand-alone player will be, though. *sigh* I just want it to be portable so I can listen to books on the go.

On May 21, 2006, at 11:17 AM, Buddy Brannan wrote:

Check the latest version of Braille Book Review or Talking Book Topics, both on the LOC Web site.

As I read the information, you won't be able to burn this to CD. Instead, you'll download it, offload onto a flash card, and it will then only be playable in a NLS-approved player (like their stand- alone one, for instance). The good news is that you can save the files, archive them somewhere, and have your own audio library. That way, if you like a book, you can come back to it without having to wait for them to send it to you again.
On May 21, 2006, at 11:35 AM, Jane Jordan (gmail) wrote:

Did someone say that NLS would be putting recorded content on the web next year? How did you find this? Where oculd I verify it and write about it with the facts? Would this be downloadable content that could be burned to CD?

Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV : Independent Watkins Associate #361534
Email: buddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx : Phone: 888-752-8339
For over 135 years, Watkins has brought you products to improve your health and your home: http://www.tastyshop.net
...And a Watkins business could change your life! Get all the info on our business and the exclusive resources available to my team: http://www.tastybiz.com