[bct] audible woes

  • From: "Don Ball" <dball10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCT" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 18:15:18 -0500

    Well I tried the new site for the first time and I am not that upset
with the audible site in fact the site may eventually prove to be more
convenient for us.
I am upset with the new audible manager. I re installed the old software and
got download errors from the new and individual programs folder. I called
audible and what I found out was this. They will no longer let you download
from with in the audible manager software. I like the fact that you could
download your books from the new and individual  programs folder. I remember
the days when you had to go to my library on the web site to download books
and I liked the fact that you could select the files and the formats to
download right from new and individual programs. The people at audible want
us to download from my library again the way we had to do it in the past.
To me this is taking a step backwards. it is so inconvenient to have to go
to my library, select the files, select the format and download the files. I
will surely miss this feature and I am going to communicate that to audible.
Here's hoping they will change things back. Not to mention the fact that
they broke all of the accessability features that we worked so hard to put
in in previous versions. I am not a happy customer right now.