[bct] another cooking-related question and a food comment

  • From: <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bct2" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 06:52:51 -0700

Hi again list,

When I was a kid, I remember there were hot dog buns available that were like
flat buns but there was a slot in the center that the hot dog fit into, so you
didn't have to put it together like a sandwich; you just put the hot dog in and
it fit tightly enough that it didn't fall out; you ended up with sort of an
open faced hot dog. Anybody remember those and if they are still made? I
haven't seen them in a very long time.

Also, regarding Ray's diet until age five, I went through a very similar
experience; until around age 10 or 11, I didn't eat most meat, and in order for
Mom to get any meat down me she had to give me baby food, believe it or not.
The thing that broke me of that was that I went to camp for the first time at
age ten, and realized right away that meat was served at every meal, and if I
was to survive, I had to eat what everybody else did, so I came home eating
normally. These days although I am vegetarian, if meat is the only option I
will eat it since it's the only option at the time. I wonder how many other
kids go through this sort of thing, and how they eventually grow out of it.

Mary Emerson
E-mail: maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype name: mkemerson
Podcast feed: emerson.libsyn.com/rss