[bct] another anapod question

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bct" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 10:56:44 -0600

OK, Perhaps there is hope.  I remember when I tried to get my ipod up
and running, there were two steps.  Someone please tell me if I am on
the right track.  In order to get my computer to recognize the ipod, I
had to load a program on the CD I got with my ipod.  This was not
itunes, but a program to simply have the ipod recognized by my computer.
If I use Anapod, do I still have to do this?

Secondly, when people have loaded the ipod and Anapod shuffle, have you
had any trouble running any windows audio applications such as win amp,
easy cd creator, etc.?  When I loaded itunes, it took out all access to
other players and recorders.  When I uninstalled it, it didn't put back
what it took out, so my computer did not even recognize my CD rom drive.
It took me 4 hours to browse the web looking for the line I needed to
enter in the registry to get it back again.  I don't want this to happen
again.  So, hopefully your answers will tell me that this is a safe way
to go.  I do need to know, however, if I need to load the application
from the ipod disk first.
Thanks for all your help.  Who knows, if I try this and it doesn't work,
I may not be