[bct] Re: adding voiceovers another question

  • From: "Kai" <kaixiong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 10:30:16 -0800

Greetings Neal.

I actually don't know whether if I want analog or digital mixers. I
haven't looked too deeply into either one to decide whether I'd prefer
one over the other.
I'd like a digital mixer which I'm assuming keeps the data in a pure
digital form, but I'd love the controls that are exhibited on analog
mixers. I know there are digital mixers that use analog-styled knobs and
sliders. If I can find a good one of these, I may actually consider
buying one.

I haven't fully grasped the meanings between balanced and unbalanced
inputs/outputs, channels, all that. I wouldn't know how many channels
I'd need in my mixer, what kind of microphones... All things I'd have to
research before I made the investment.

Kai