[bct] Re: adding voiceovers another question

  • From: "Kai" <kaixiong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 10:08:25 -0800

Greetings Neal.

I actually have both Gold Wave and Sound Forge. I do a lot of batch
conversions in Goldwave, although I wish Goldwave could batch a lot of
things that sound Forge could do. Sound Forge also had a separate
package that does batch conversion, but I never did buy into it.

I only wish I had a mixer, that way I could control my stereo
transitions and movements with greater alacrity and finesse.
Right now, I'm forced to do rough stereo processing to produce stereo
panning (especially if I want to convey movement). If I had a stereo
mixer, I could just spin a knob and move sounds as I wished.
Alas, such are the woes of a low budget. Mixers, good mixers, are so
terribly expensive, that I shudder at the thought of investing in one.

One of these days, I may consider getting a real audio editing rig, with
M-Audio sound card, mixer, high quality microphones, the 4000 dollar
sound library from Sound-Ideas, etc. But for now, I'm bound by a less
than adequate budget and a less than willing sense of economy.

Kai