[bct] Re: accessable CD creator

  • From: "Eric StevenS" <sseric57@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 01:56:01 -0500

I do actually use Record Now, but I only use it for data transfers, so I know I
am not going to come close to filling the CD.  However, I do not know if it
will show you how much you have selected and how much disk space there is left,
which are important pieces of information to me.  When I have asked others how
they get around this, they offer the option of moving the files you want to
burn into a temporary folder where you can follow how much information you are
accumulating and then burn that folder.  This is an extra, unnecessary step I'm
not wanting to take.

Again, with Sonic, perhaps fiddling with which toolbars are shown will make it
read what you want.

I should also say that you can burn from within Windows Media Player, but there
too I am not sure if you can gage how much you have selected in term of bytes.
Also, I don't know if it is just my computers, but it seems their burn time is
extraordinarily long.  I think I have maxed write speeds, but I could be
mistaken.

I've actually played more with Media Player and am seeing some of it's
benefits.  Granted, not everything is immediately or easily accessible to JAWS,
but with practice and exploring you can discover some neat stuff there.

Feel free to ask about anything and share what you find.

Eric SS