[bct] Re: abridged books

  • From: "Vince Thacker" <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 01:16:34 -0000

Hi all book lovers on the list,

I can only agree with all the other fans of unabridged books. OK, I read - in print - abridged books at junior school, but from age 11 onwards I don't remember even coming acros an abridged book in print.

I suspect that what's left out are all the bits I'd really enjoy - the descriptions of places, the adjectives that describe things and people, and little side-streets in the plot that aren't strictly needed for the main thrust of the thing.

Just as I have spices in my food, I want all these interesting bits in my books. So it's got to be unabridged for me every time - books like grown-ups have!

Good wishes

----- Original Message ----- From: "M. Dimitt" <jamdim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>