[bct] a new way to word search podcasts

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bct" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 13:31:27 -0600

There is a new beta service called podzinger.  It lets you key word
search the entire audio of the podcast.  I'm assuming that this
technology would work with a variety of audio files.

http://www.podzinger.com/

To quote from a friend, "I just did a search using the word "Recorder"
and it gave me almost half of the transcript including time codes!"

I tried to use this last night and I could play some of the podcasts and
get some of the transcripts, but I don't think the site is completely
accessible or it is but I need a good couple eyes to look at it.  I'll
ask someone to take a look, or perhaps some of you might want to try it
out.  Here is more on this.

PODZINGER, powered by 30 years of speech recognition research from
<http://www.bbn.com/For_Commercial_Customers/AVOKE_Speech_and_Language/S
TX/index.html> BBN Technologies, Cambridge, Massachusetts, transforms
the audio into words, unlocking the information inside podcasts.  Using
PODZINGER you open up a previously untapped source of content via a
simple web search.  So when it comes to podcasts, instead of searching
for it ... just  ZING IT!