[bct] Re: a microphone question

  • From: "Larry Skutchan" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 20:02:31 -0500

That's a loaded question.  From the experience I've had with both recorders,
the mics I use don't cut it on the R1.  I don't know if it is too sensative or
what, but every time I take a step it almost sounds like two internal parts are
hitting each other.  This same microphone (the one in the FAQ at
blindcooltech.com) works great with the DS-2.  For the R1, you're probably
going to want a better set of binaurals that you can wear either over or in
your ear.  I've used the ones I have with both the R1 and the M-Audio
Microtrack is a situation where I was not walking, and they did great.