[bct] Re: a good registry cleaner.

  • From: "Lois Goodine" <al419@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 20:22:18 -0800

Have you tried RegScrubXP?  It's free and I think I downloaded it from
It may help.
Have you recently checked  to see how many and what programs are starting up
automatically when you boot your computer?  Sometimes you can have a lot of
programs that start up at boot up unnecessarily.  You can go into ms-config and
find the page that lists all your programs, each with a checkbox that you
uncheck if you don't need it to start up automatically when you boot your
computer.  You check it if you want the program to start when you boot up.
Also, I run disk cleanup frequently to keep down the accumulation of unnecessary
debris such as temporary internet files, stuff in the recycle bin, and the like.
And I keep the delete box in my E-mail client cleaned out.  Just a few
suggestions.  Hope they help.