[bct] a copyright question

  • From: "Djd" <daredevil221@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 02:57:11 -0500

A friend of mine who is thinking of starting a podcast asked me a question, and honestly, I'm not sure of the answer, so I figured I'd bring it here.
In the c:\windows\media folder there are some sound clips, including a couple of midi files. He wanted to know if using them in his podcast would be in violation of copyright or are they just sounds provided by Microsoft?
From David
If you're looking for an internet radio show that plays a variety of different types of music, and is guaranteed to provide you with two hours of quality entertainment twice a week, then check out my internet radio show The Djd Invasion. It can be heard Sunday afternoons from 3 to 5 PM eastern on ACB Radio Interactive at
and on Wednesday nights from 9 to 11 PM eastern at
For more info about me and my shows, visit my web site at
Check the show out, you won't be disappointed