[bct] Re: Wireless networking and security

  • From: "Brent Harding" <bharding@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 17:37:23 -0600

WPA is by far more secure than WEP. You want a router that supports it, and a network card for wireless that does too. I have heard that mac address filtering is more trouble than it is worth and provides little more for security than keeping casual mistakes of roaming to the wrong network from happening. A good router with WPA will make it difficult for hackers in the area.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joni Colver" <joni.colver@xxxxxxxxxxx>